- Personal information collected by ME Physio
Personal information collected by ME Physio includes:
- Contact details, such as name, address, phone numbers and email address;
- Personal details, such as date of birth; gender, qualifications; education or education activities; information about an individual’s membership of trade union or professional bodies; and information about an individual’s membership of leadership of an association;
- Medical details or health information; and
- Billing information such as Medicare, private health insurance, credit card and other financial details.
- How personal information is collected and held
ME Physio collects personal information of an individual directly from an individual by way of:
- Forms filled out by an individual, for example New Patient Registration form, and forms completed by an individual when they attend seminars or workshops;
- Meetings or telephone calls with an individual
ME Physio takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information that it holds from interference, misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Purposes for which personal information is collected, held and used
ME Physio collects and holds personal information for the purposes of:
- Administrative purposes in running our practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and private health insurance requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare including referring doctors, specialists or other practitioners.
- Disclosure to fellow staff within ME Physio for the purpose of patient care.
- For quality assurance activities to improve individual and practice management.
- For reminder letters, texts or emails which may be sent to you regarding your healthcare and management.
- If information or consent is not provided
Without all of the required personal information being provided by individuals, ME Physio may not be able to provide physiotherapy services and related quality improvement services to its clients.
- Disclosure of personal information
ME Physio may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers such as locum physiotherapy staff to perform activities in connection with the purposes described in this Policy;
- Various Commonwealth and state government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health, Medicare, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or Private Health Insurance bodies.
ME Physio does not disclose personal information to persons or organisations located outside Australia.
- Access to, and correction of, personal information
Except in circumstances set out in the Privacy Act, an individual may see and have a copy of their personal information which is held by ME Physio. An individual may also request that ME Physio corrects their personal information if it is not accurate, complete and up to date.
An individual who seeks to access or correct their personal information may also contact the Director, in writing, at the address set out below.
An individual may make a complaint in writing about how their personal information has been handled by ME Physio. If an individual is concerned that ME Physio has breached his/ her privacy, he/she should provide a written complaint to the Director at the address below:
153 Waverley Road
By email: click to email
Tel: (03) 9571 6888
Fax: (03) 9571 7755
ME Physio will respond to a written complaint within 30 days of receipt. If the complaint remains unresolved, then an individual has the option of notifying the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA). APA’s contact details can be found at http://www.physiotherapy.asn.au/.